40Litres Transporter Osprey Neu Holdalls Rolling red Freien Im Reisetasche 97282mcbr42576-RucksacksNew Helly Hansen 50L Water Resistant Sports Essential Duffel Bag 2
New Herman Survivors Camo Insulated Boots 9 Waterproof WW Wide Mens
New High Quality Le Chameau Vierzonord Ladies Wellingtons Size Choice
NEW Highlander Sleepline 250 Envelope Outdoor Camping Festival Sleeping Bag
NEW Horse 5pc Float Travel Boots & Tailbag Small ROYAL blueE FREE POSTAGE
New Horse Fly Midge Eczema Combo Rug Breathable Cover Summer Blanket Zebra
NEW Horseware Amigo Mio Turnout All in One Medium 200g 7ft Rug
New Hunting LRA Light Tactical Bipod Long Legs Riflescope Bipod For Airsoft UK
NEW Imax Thermo 2pc Suit Size XXL 43360
NEW Intex 28141EH 13' X 33 Easy Set Pool
NEW IRH Equi-Lite Riding Helmet - pearl purple Small
New JiuJitsu Uniform Set WHITE BJJ Gi Single Weave 100% Cotton for Adult&Kids
NEW JRC Defender Combo 10ft 3lb 1490565
New Judo Gi Uniform blueE Single Weave 100% Cotton BJJ Jiu Jiutsu for Adult&Kids
New Julbo Renegade Performance Reactiv Zebra Light Camo Green orange Sunglasses
New kieffer set 4 brushing boots
NEW Korum Ambition Quiver Rods Length 10ft K0330005
New Laser Bore Sighter 9mm Caliber Rifle Scope Boresighter Boresight Sight
NEW Leotard RG Rhythmic Gymnastics Acro, Torso 148-150 cm
How are we doing this?
New M mens ORCA ELITE tri swim singlet triathlon top bluee yellow cycling running
By rethinking our relationship to carbon and green waste.
Earth has a natural way of regulating carbon — plants. Plants take up atmospheric carbon (CO2) and convert it into food and oxygen. When plants die, the remaining carbon in their structure decomposes and is stored in Earth’s soil. Time, heat, and pressure fossilizes decayed plant (and animal) matter into what we refer to as fossil fuels (coal or oil). This is Earth’s long-term carbon storage system.
The mining of these fossil fuels for energy has disrupted this process. Every time we mine fossil fuels, we are extracting millennia’s worth of trapped carbon from the soil. When we burn these fossil fuels for energy, we are emitting millennia’s worth of trapped carbon into the air as CO2. Due to our reliance on the fossil fuel industry, we are extracting and burning a record amount of fossil fuels everyday, releasing CO2 faster than Earth’s natural cycles are able to keep up. According to the IPCC our rate our CO2 emission has caused a 1 degree global increase in temperature, .5 degrees away from long-lasting or irreversible changes. Needless to say, we must do everything we can to slow down our rate of CO2 emission.
At Local Carbon Network, we are turning to waste as the solution.
By bringing together people, plants, and machines we can re-fossilize and trap CO2 back into the soil, preventing it from being released into the sky. We do this via a process called gasification which is high heat with no oxygen. This process effectively re-fossilizes 50% of the CO2 into wood-charcoal, commonly known as biochar. Co-composting this biochar effectively traps carbon into the soil for millennia.
NEW MAP TKS Competition Puller Match Kits Size Kit 1 B9021
NEW Maver Signature Pro Pellet Waggler Rod Length 12ft 3.6m Sections 2 Piece
New Men's cowboy boots genuine leather western C311
NEW MFC Freewave Windsurf Fin POWER BOX 21cm RRP SAVE
What is a Local Carbon Network?
local green waste – biochar making technology – community gardens – sponsors
New MMA Shorts APAKS The Classic Shorts Men's MMA BJJ Shorts Grappling Shorts
NEW Mystic Dutchess Kitesurf Waist Harness inc Bar - Mint Small SAVE 25%
NEW Nash KNX Elevator Deluxe Cradle - T4301
We source local woody biomass waste that would otherwise go to municipal burn facility and convert it into Biochar using technology that allows the simultaneous production of electricity and heat. We find sponsor funding to purchase a supply of the biochar to donate to the local community gardens. We supply the gardens and teach them how to co-compost with the Biochar (and reintroduce it back into the soil, effectively trapping carbon into the soil and regenerating soil health)
New Night Vision Pulsar Edge GS 1x20 Goggles Infrared Light Binoculars PL75095
New Orca swim men's Race training singlet aqua glide sensitive fabric Small
New Outwell Junior Camping Treking Hiking Contour Sleeping Bag
NEW Penn Spinfisher VI Spinning Reel Size 3500 1481261
NEW Prestige Carp Porter Deluxe Front Food Bag PFBAG1
Why does it work?
New Professional Wahl Animal Pet Horse Clipper Cordless Arco SE Moser Pro
Because we create a win-win scenario for green-waste recycling projects, for community gardens/regenerative agriculture specialists and for the environment.
New Quality Soft Horse Padded Leather Lunge Cavesson Bit Brown Full & Cob Sizes
NEW Rhinegold Torrent Lightweight Turnout Rug Navy 5'3 5'6 & 5'9
NEW Roxy Womens Shorty Spring Syncro 2 2 Purple Graphite Grey Wetsuit Sz. 10
Benefits for composting activities and agriculture:
- BiocharNEW Hamilton Quality 1 Nylon Horse Halter Lime Green Large 1100 1600 lbs; higher composting temperatures kill pathogens and weed seeds, and result in a more stable, higher quality product.
- Biochar suppresses the emission of odors from compost, especially ammonia, and makes composting much more forgiving.
- Biochar matures in the compost by adsorbing a functional coating from compost which gives it much greater water holding capacity and nutrient exchange capacity, behaving like permanent compost, since biochar itself is extremely long-lived in the soil.
- Biochar stimulates the production of plant exudates and fungal mycelia which increases the soil aggregate stability, making the soil more resilient, more water permeable, and resistant to compaction.
- Biochar captures and retains a tremendous amount of water-soluble nitrates which would otherwise be lost during composting, and stimulates plant growth by providing the plant access to abundant nitrogen.
- Plants exhibit a stronger immune response against pathogens due to the support and soil services of the soil microbiome fostered by co-composted biochar.
- The enhanced nutrient exchange capacity afforded by co-composted biochar reduces the loss of water-soluble nutrients, reducing the pressure to use fertilizer. Any fertilizer that is applied ends up being used more efficiently.
NEW Savage Gear Tournament Series Ball Jig Head 7.5g Size 10 0 Quantity 25
Benefits for the environment:
- For every kg of composted Biochar produced in conjunction with electricity generation by gasification of biomass waste, we have up to 40kg of climate impact.
- Bioenergy with Carbon Capture and Sequestration (BECCS), and Pyrolysis Carbon Capture and Sequestration (PyCCS), are scientifically recognized methods for drawing down carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing it in the soil for the long term, leveraging plants to capture carbon dioxide, which is already happening worldwide.
- Nitrous oxide and methane emissions can be reduced by up to 90% in the compost pile with the addition of biochar. (Nitrous oxide, N2O, is 300x more potent than CO2, and methane is about 80-100x worse than CO2 in the first 20 years after it is emitted.)
- Biochar continues to abate nitrous-oxide emissions from the soil.
- Biochar NEW HANDMADE DARK BROWN LEATHER SHOTGUN SLIP GUN CASE SLEEVE LINED SHEEPSKIN, including pesticides and heavy metals, making it a useful tool for remediating contaminated soils.
- The production of biochar in the course of gasification prevents particulate matter from being released into the atmosphere compared to open combustion.
- The production of biochar in the course of gasification for power generation and heating offsets fossil fuel use.
NEW Shakespeare Sigma Supra Pellet Waggler Rod 11ft6 10-30g 2 Sections 1423558
New SHIRES Brown Suede Half Chaps XS S M L XL
NEW Snowbee XS Plus Thistledown 2 Floating Braided Core Line Size WF2 5
Benefits of producing biochar as a part of green waste recycling projects:
- Avoid trucking green waste over long distances burning diesel.
- Get electricity and heat out of the green waste instead of just letting that value go up in smoke.
- The production of biochar converts a waste stream into a value stream.
New Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Anchor Swivel - Big
NEW Tactical-Style P Grips for Crosman 2240 1377 1322 P1377 P1322
New The North Face Basecamp Duffel Bag (Large) Outdoor Travel Bag
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in composting – become a NEW Hardy Ultralite ASR 7-8 – you could support the project by signing up for a yearly composting subscription and receive an insulated tumbling composter as well as a yearly supply of biochar. We reinvest the profit into sponsoring other projects. Alternatively you could involve your local community garden and apply for a sponsorship.
If you are producing woody biomass – become a Biochar Producer – our equipment converts 6 tons of woody waste biomass each month, producing 60mw/h of renewable electricity, 120 mW/h of heat and 300kg of Biochar (enough for 3 tons of compost) – you can become a biochar producer if you produce 6 tons of woody green waste per month or can form a community project to reach that amount.
If you are a local business – become a Sponsor – instead of investing only on advertising you can associate your brand to Climate Impact and really enable Carbon Drawdown in your area. In exchange we will talk about you to local press, put you on our newsletter, have your company name visible at the community garden we provide the biochar to and even give you visibility for a year on our website. We will also give you a certificate displaying your yearly drawdown achievement. Relatively small donations can be fully enabling to the project!
If you have a following – become an LCN Advocate – activists, associations, journalists, thought leaders and communicators we would love for you to help us spread the word by interviewing us or talking about us on your blog, newsletter or social media. We will return the courtesy by speaking about your brand.
Join the Local Carbon Network today and help your community be a part of the climate solution.
NEW Trakker MC-60 Brolly Insect Panel V2 202216
New Unisex Sunglasses Alpina Twist Five HR VL+ A8592135 67
NEW Warrior Table Soccer Durable and Absorbent Lightweight 60 Wrap Tub
LCN has sequestered:
Kilograms CO2e to date
New Woof Wear Bridle Bag
New Gehmann A Rearsight Lense Holder
The Climate Clock tells us we will reach our CO2 limit within 15 years
…but “a mere 2% increase in the carbon content of the planet’s soils could offset 100% of all greenhouse gas emissions going into the atmosphere.” … while also regenerating soils.
NEW Browning T-Bolt Scope Bases 2 Piece 12389
NEW Eye Safety Systems Firepro 1971 Fs 740 0537 740-0537
NEW Safariland 578 7TS GLS Pro-Fit, Standard Frame, Compact Slide, 578-283-411
NEW TRUGLO Rimfire Fiber Optic Sight - Ruger 10 22 Red Green TG111W
NEW Adult Extra Small Sunfire Gymnastics Comp Leotard by Snowflake Designs
NEW nov easy shell Clamps ANTIQUE, light weight clamps for brompton [nov016]
Nexx Visor For Helmet X.g100 Grey , Accessories and Parts Nexx , motorcycle
NHL Montreal Canadiens Fanatics Branded Away Breakaway Jersey Shirt Mens
Nice Women's CIRCLE A Western Carmel Leather Cowboy Boots Sz 7A. 17” Tall.
Nihil 3 4 Pants for Ladies for Climbing and fitnesssport, Size XS
Nikko Stirling - Rifle Scope - Game King -4-16x44AO - Half Mil Dot Reticle
Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof Waterproof Maintains Breathability for Footwear
Nixon Del Mar Sac à Dos II Anthracite Bruyère Sac à Dos
Noble Outfitters Show Ready Garment Bag Horse Equine Equipment Tote Bag
Nordisk Almond Slab Bedbag Blanket Envelope Type
North49 Canoe Barrel 30L, Fits Standard 30L Harness
Nottingham Forest Away Shirt 2016 2017
| Condition: |
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
| Marke: ||Osprey|
| Besonderheiten: ||NA Draussen|| Herstellernummer: ||Does not apply|
| Produktart: ||Draussen|| EAN: ||0845136075962|